Your guide to collecting SMS consent on checkout With Klaviyo For Neto
With Klaviyo For Neto you can collect SMS consent right from your checkout page. Follow along with the guide below to set this up on your website.
1. Set up SMS in your Klaviyo account
Before you can start collecting consent or do anything with SMS, you’ll need to activate this feature in your Klaviyo account.
To start, navigate to your Klaviyo Dashboard.
Next, click on the name of your organization in the upper right-hand corner and select Account from the dropdown.
Then, click Settings and select SMS from the resulting dropdown menu.
This will bring you to a page to set up SMS. To do so, click Set Up SMS.
Once SMS is successfully set up, a success modal will display confirming your setup.
When you close this message, you will be brought to a page where you can configure the details of your SMS account.
For more information see the Klaviyo SMS guide.
2. Add an order custom field to collect SMS consent in Maropost
Start by Enabling Order Custom Fields:
- Log in to your Maropost Cloud Commerce control panel
- Go to Add-ons
3. Find Order Custom Fields and click Install
4. Go to Settings & Tools > All Settings & Tools
5. Find Custom Sales Order Fields
6. Click Add New to add a new field
7. Name the field SMS Consent and set the Field Type to Short Text
8. Take note of the custom field number – we’re going to need that later!
3. Configure Klaviyo For Neto
- Log into the Klaviyo For Neto portal here
- Scroll down to SMS Consent
- Enter the Custom Field Number you created above
- Select the List you would like SMS subscribers to go into
4. Update the Klaviyo For Neto script
After saving your settings above, you’ll need to update the Klaviyo For Neto script on your website.
- In the Klaviyo For Neto portal, scroll down to the Site Script
- Copy the new script
- Log into your Maropost control panel
- Go to Settings & Tools > All Settings & Tools > Custom Scripts
- Find the custom script you used previously for Klaviyo For Neto (do not create a new one)
- Update the script in the Page Header section